Off to Russia...

We are José, Sherry & Evan. We're nearing the end of our second trip to Vladivostok, Russia, to make official the adoption of a beautiful four-year-old little boy, Maxim. This time Evan is along to meet his new little brother and help us bring him home.


Saturday, April 16, 2011

Names

I just finished sending little M's full Russian name, which we learned on our first trip to Vladivostok, to our US coordinator for her records.  It seems so strange to me to have his entire name... mostly because of my own adoption.  For 42 years, I never knew my birth name and my mother (adoptive) didn't know it either.  I often wonder what the future will bring... will he want to search for his mother when he gets older?  I did, ever since I was a teenager.  I wanted to know everything.  Funny thing is, we've been told lots of things about his mother by the social worker already.  In my search for my past, I always had the hope that there would be a positive outcome... a happy ending.  I am one of the lucky ones, my birth family reunion was a dream come true.  I learned that I was loved from the very beginning, that I was held and kissed and snuggled and wrapped up in her arms full of love.  I learned that my birth mother never wanted to give me up and that my adoptive parents always told me how much they wanted me.  How lucky am I?  Knowing what I know about M's parent, I don't see that as possible for him and it makes me very sad.  Maybe I need to just give it up to the universe to decide and stop trying to decide how things will be for him.  It's his story... his choice, his past, his life.  We'll never know what type of reunion is possible for him and his birth family.  Maybe it could be something amazing and positive.  All I can do is love him and always provide for him a place to come home.  I am so very blessed to have this opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment