It's been a long road, paved in paper and Fedex envelopes... As of today, I believe all of our documents are complete and headed to our coordinator in Michigan. Now we just wait... for a phone call with our court date.
The latest documents to arrive were our FBI background checks (just José and I). They came quicker than expected, only taking three weeks and two days before we received a Fedex tracking number from our friends at the FBI. This seemed incredibly swift considering we had been told it could take up to 12 weeks for processing. Once Fedex delivered, all that was needed was an apostille from Tallahassee and another Fedex to Michigan.
We have our own account number with Fedex now and the customer service reps at the Fedex Brooksville airport location are my new friends. I almost feel as if a night out celebrating were in order, but José was sent to Madrid this week for meetings and I'm on single-Mommy duty until Sunday. I'm sure we'll find a moment to toast to this momentary achievement when he returns.
The latest documents to arrive were our FBI background checks (just José and I). They came quicker than expected, only taking three weeks and two days before we received a Fedex tracking number from our friends at the FBI. This seemed incredibly swift considering we had been told it could take up to 12 weeks for processing. Once Fedex delivered, all that was needed was an apostille from Tallahassee and another Fedex to Michigan.
We have our own account number with Fedex now and the customer service reps at the Fedex Brooksville airport location are my new friends. I almost feel as if a night out celebrating were in order, but José was sent to Madrid this week for meetings and I'm on single-Mommy duty until Sunday. I'm sure we'll find a moment to toast to this momentary achievement when he returns.
No comments:
Post a Comment